Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Memorial Weekend PAR-TAY Sat. - 05/27


PARTY DAY Has Come & Gone !
So, it was a very, very long day. My neighbor John and I started off early with getting a bunch of last minute things and, of course, picking up the 40lb sack of crawfish from Fisherman's Dock. We were getting things ready to go all morning and ended up running a bit late. I'm happy to say Tracy, Kristen, and Jeremy made it over. Since things were running late, I took those guys over to the pool for a bit. Jeremy and I just about melted and turned into vapor in the FL sun, while Tracy and Kristen took over the two story water slide and were 'special' enough to get yelled at by the life guard.

At this point, let me make a total public display of myself and say what a total asshole/dick/loser I am for hosing Maki. Maki made the very long drive down to my place for this party and I didn't have my cell phone with me, as it was charging inside my house. At this point, I think we were over at my neighbor's house or still at the pool, and by then I had figured that he couldn't make it. Little did I know that he was actually in my driveway, with my dog staring at him through the door. So Maki, again, really sorry dude. That was a total dick move on my part.

So, back at the party... We got the first load of crawfish in the pot somewhere around 3:30pm. I'm happy to say that I scared the living shit out of Tracy with the old live crawfish looking over your shoulder trick. He just wanted you to save him from the boiling pot Tracy, really. That was a nice loud 'girlie' scream by the way girlie.

Yes, there were a ton of kids there playing with the slip and slide and the blow up octopus that shot water 20 feet in the air. WTG - We really missed you guys! Your daughter would have had a friggin blast! Hope PK is feeling better.

Over the course of the next 9 hours or so, we cooked up some really good food and had a great time with everyone who came. In hindsight, 40lbs of crawfish were WAY too many. In fact, it's been decided that for the Second Annual South Eastern Georgia Crawfish festival, we will spend the $140 on Jello shots instead, and only get 20lbs of crawfish. Oh, did I mention the 50 Jello shots that disappeared within 30 minutes? And that I was the lucky bastard that had to go back inside and make another emergency batch? No, it didn't get ugly for 'some' people at all...

Anyway, there is a ton of cleanup that still needs to take place today. However, Brett and I were very smart in making the stealth garbage run with that stinky 50 gallon trash can full of crawfish shells and who the hell knows what else. Man, what a nightmare of a stink. I can't imagine what that smells like this morning. I'll be sure to drive by the community center's trash bin today and see how many vultures are perched and circling. Hey, maybe even the gators came out of the pond to investigate that abomination. :)

So, now we need to start thinking Fourth of July...
------------------------------------------------------
I expect that we'll have the food ready by 2pm, but people are going to start showing up prior to that. You guys who still need directions, please give me a call on the cell phone as I've still got to run around a bit early this morning....including the 10am run to pick up the crawfish at Fisherman's Dock on San Jose.


-------------------

Well we've finally gotten our acts together down here and are planning on having a good ole' shrimp & crawfish boil party! We are having the crawfish flown in, but the neighbor has a good local contact for getting shrimp. For those non-seafood people, there will be other food as well.

19 Comments:

Blogger ANONYMOUS said...

Hmmm...

...sure is quiet.

crickets

I wonder...

You people realize I said spice-bag, and not tea-bag, right?

Sat May 13, 10:13:00 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Seafood scares me...

I went to the fish church while in Sweden... thought I might die. Those umm... something other than fish... something with legs... they were so fresh they were still moving. That excited everyone but me who wanted to grab them and chuck them back in the water.

Sun May 14, 08:17:00 AM  
Blogger ANONYMOUS said...

Awww.. No crustaceans for Tracy then.

Like I said, there will be plenty of other food besides what's in the boil. The boil will have big taters, corn, and andouille sausage as well.

Sun May 14, 09:22:00 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

You musta missed my blog on veggies...

Sun May 14, 09:53:00 AM  
Blogger ANONYMOUS said...

I musta, and I can't seem to find it now...

Look, I know you'll eat chicken, ice cream, and drink beer. So, you're covered.
NO F'n excuses. :)

I'm also getting the silent treatment from the rest of you? Whasupwitdat?

There will also be some ladder-golf playing in the yard. Perfect outdoor drinking game btw.

We'll probably end up playing poker later on that night. Should get interesting. :)

Sun May 14, 10:07:00 AM  
Blogger Maki said...

Got plans already, but thanks for the invite!

Sun May 14, 02:50:00 PM  
Blogger ANONYMOUS said...

Maki - Too bad man, you'll be missed.

WTG - I'm not into the sucking the brains out part. I've done it, just don't care for it. Just pinch, twist, and eat the tails.

FYI, please feel free to bring the little one if you have her that weekend. My two neighbors each have daughters who are 3 years old. Plenty of toys, blah, blah, blah. You know the drill.

Sun May 14, 03:05:00 PM  
Blogger ANONYMOUS said...

No, sorry the neighbors aren't single. However, all of my neighbors are younger than I am, and can get a bit nuts when the right amount of liquor is added. Let's just say we've had some interesting poker nights at my house in the past.

Anyway, I'm guessing there will be an even mix of married/single when you add in the neighbor's friends who are coming.

I'll bring the ladder golf over to the house with the boil, but we'll end up at my house later that night to play poker. My house is where the real alcohol resides anyway. :)

BTW - I've got plenty of room to crash if people need to crash.

Sun May 14, 08:31:00 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

http://fotogirlie.blogspot.com/2006/03/but-i-dont-like-vegetables.html

Sun May 14, 08:55:00 PM  
Blogger ANONYMOUS said...

Ah, yes. I remember reading that one. Seems like a year ago. :)

Anyway, I promise there will be no peas, or any other type of veggies cleverly hidden in your food.

Sun May 14, 10:10:00 PM  
Blogger ANONYMOUS said...

Preparation continues...

Half keg of Mich. Ultra has been reserved for pickup on Friday. Yeah, not my beer of choice, but if it is gonna be 90+ degrees outside, it'll probably satisfy a larger percentage of people.

Mon May 22, 06:25:00 AM  
Blogger ANONYMOUS said...

Even more prep...

Ordered the "sock" of crawfish today, to be flown in on Thursday afternoon. Basically, ~40lbs of crawfish that's transported around in like a huge onion-mesh type bag.

I'm glad my neighbor has the shit pickup, because those mother fuckers aren't going in the Acura!

We might end up doing wings too. Still trying to figure it out since the neighbor's 'shrimp contact' fell thru after he did an evil knievel impersonation on his motorcycle yesterday.

Tue May 23, 04:33:00 PM  
Blogger ANONYMOUS said...

Final push...

OK. Mich Ultra keg is in place at the neighbors after we rolled my kegerator across the street.

We picked up some last minute items. andouille, corn, tators, boil spices, etc...
All I've got to say is this friggin boil better be good. !!

I'm heading back over to the neighbors to monitor the keg.
I hope we don't kick it tonight and actually save some of it left for tomorrow. :)

Fri May 26, 04:30:00 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

heh heh... meanie!!!

but, really, thanks for having us! we are totally taking over your pool again sometime soon. that slide ROCKS!!!

Sun May 28, 11:29:00 AM  
Blogger ANONYMOUS said...

I'm so glad you guys made it out! Everybody was asking when all THREE of you were going to come back!

Yeah, you chicas need to get yer asses down here. We'd OWN the pool during the week!

Sun May 28, 03:01:00 PM  
Blogger ANONYMOUS said...

WTG - I can perm delete that right now if you'd like.

The 'official' rule is children less than 40" tall can't ride the slide. Unfortunately, the slide is only 'working' when the lifeguards are on duty. They shut off the water to the slide when they leave.

Tue May 30, 09:31:00 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

WHAT? No water on the slide??
That would HURT!

Wed May 31, 10:41:00 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

J could slide on the blow up slide at Katrina's.

Wed May 31, 10:42:00 AM  
Blogger ANONYMOUS said...

Yeah, but the lifeguards are there most of the day, so the slide is running most of the time.

I've been thinking about this and I'm pretty sure they'd let her go on the big twisty slide.

How tall is she WTG?

BTW - Here is the link to the pool hours and when the life guards are there. Closed Mondays though, boo.

http://www.bartramspringshoa.com/BC_info.asp

Wed May 31, 10:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home